Overseas mission and development has a special place in the life of St George’s. There is a long history here of involvement and support with both projects and people overseas. We are committed to a partnership approach with both individuals and organisations, working wherever possible with and through local churches.
1. We are exploring ways to partner with Tearfund.
2. We partner with individuals from and through our church who work in mission and development:
- Claude and Ruth Baraberewe, who are Pioneering Missionaries with Iris Global in Burundi;
- Eva & Martin Horton, who work with Wycliffe Bible Translators.
- Alex Cameron, who works with Operation Mobilisation to develop their global international disaster response work.
3. We support short term mission trips by members of St George’s congregation in prayer and occasional finance.
4. As needs arise, we give our regular Sunday collections to organisations supporting disaster relief work.
We aim to give away 5% of our annual congregational income to the work of overseas mission and development.